Biogas Explosion in china
Serching for gas leak the wrong way
Shocking time a man in China is blown off his feet after lighting a lighter on a manhole cover. The video shows the man being thrown 10 metres through the air by the power of the explosion. The blast, was so strong that his jacket was torn off his back.
Bending down over a manhole with a lighter in his hand, he prepares to ignite a firecracker as the two young boys look
The explosion suddenly occurs, sending him flying across the street and the manhole cover shooting as high as four storeys into the air. The boys escaped uninjured and local residents rushed Mr Cai to hospital. He suffered facial burns & an inhalation injury and remains in a critical condition. The explosion was believed to be caused by highly-explosive biogas that had accumulated inside the sewer. The gas is produced by the biological breakdown of organic waste in the absence of oxygen.
If you smell gas in your place make sure you call the Gas Emergency at 0800 111 999